I love soup! It’s such a great way to get vegetables into your kids. And vegetables are a big part of our healthy diet.
Soup is quick and easy. It’s lovely and warming for these cold winter days. What better way to keep cosy than with a bowl of tasty lentil soup?
Ingredients for Lentil Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped and peeled
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 200g red lentils
- Fry the onions in some oil until soft.
- Add the other vegetables.
- Add the stock.
- Simmer for half an hour.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
So easy! So quick!
If you’re kids are new to soup, or like mine, make a fuss whenever it’s slightly different, try serving them a small portion. (Like my little espresso cups of soup.) They’re much more likely to try a small portion. Big portions can be a bit well, scary and off putting. If they like the little portion, they can always come back for more!